How to write statement of purpose

Planning to apply for grad schools?

Dont have any idea about writing SOP?

Looking for good samples of Resume, Biodata or SOPs?

Here are some of the best statement of purpose (SOPs) documents written and got selected in various top level schools.....

How to write a cover letter for grad school, post doc, job positions

 

Dear Members of the Search Committee,

Give a quick overview: I am writing to express my interest in the doctoral program/post doctoral position/---- position in focus area of --- and ---- as bio-nanoparticles, genomics, and gene delivery. Currently, I am a ---- of genetics and genomic sciences, and pathology at -----. Two years into my appointment, I have laid the foundation of my proposed research project that I plan to develop on 1) ; 2) Genomics & bioinformatics; and 3) . My proposed research program is founded on the work that I have recently published/ patented (US Patent 2020). This work describes, for the first time, that exosomes can be engineered, made tissue-tropic, and effectively deliver its genetic and proteomic cargo. This project is highly relevant to this position, as my goal is to develop exosomes for effective gene delivery to the heart.

Future Goals: Talk about your My primary research goal is to develop precision nanomedicines for clinical use. For instance, I would like to develop a research program that addresses the extracellular biology of benign and cancer cells by studying their exosomes’ DNA, RNA, and proteins. Furthermore, I would like to characterize the complete secretome of the diseased cell (pre and post drug exposure), given that exosomes are only a subset of the vast extracellular canopy. The cellular secretome is a concept I introduce here to embody the compendium of circulating particles (microvesicles, exosomes, lipoproteins, ribonucleic protein, and free DNA/RNA/protein) that link the intercellular communication. To accomplish this objective, I will use the technology that I have developed to isolate all extracellular particles from different cell culture media and various biofluids (serum, urine, plasma) . My long-term goal is to understand the fundamental and applied biology of the cellular secretome, and my success will not only delineate the uncharacterized extracellular biology but will also lead to next generation liquid-biopsy and gene delivery applications.

Training: Prior to Mount Sinai, I was trained at ----Center (in genomics & bioinformatics of exosomes) and --- University (in biomedical engineering of vesicles). I will take advantage of my training to address the major unanswered questions in the field of liquid-biopsy and gene delivery. My past research training and strong publication record has positioned me well to develop a unique research program that integrates wet lab with dry lab. Overall, my goal is to foster a dynamic scientific exchange by developing an interdisciplinary research program, while keeping exosomes and genomics at the center of my discoveries. 

I will contribute to the growth of the department’s research and teaching, especially with my chemistry, bioengineering, genomics, and bioinformatics skills. I look forward to contributing to and learning from the faculty members of your esteemed institute. Thank you for considering my application.

Sincerely, 


No comments:

Post a Comment