How to write statement of purpose

Planning to apply for grad schools?

Dont have any idea about writing SOP?

Looking for good samples of Resume, Biodata or SOPs?

Here are some of the best statement of purpose (SOPs) documents written and got selected in various top level schools.....

Sample Essay Statement of Purpose sop computer science

Statement of Purpose (computer science)

During my undergraduate education, I have had the benefit of taking a variety of courses in the computer science curriculum. Though these courses have given me a solid foundation in several advanced topics of computer science, I often wished there was more time during the semester to go into more depth within a subject. What drew me to the graduate program at was the balance between breadth and depth. Students have the opportunity to have a degree of expertise within their specialization while also remaining versatile in other areas of computer science. The course requirements for the systems specialization mirror the approach I have taken in my undergraduate coursework, taking classes in many different areas to become aswell-rounded as possible.

I have had extensive experience in the field of systems in my compilers, operating systems, digital systems, security, and networking classes. One constant throughout most of these courses was the importance of higher-level thinking. For each course,my project group had to submit a design document that outlined our approach. This forced us to think beyond trivial implementation details and focus more on the big picture. We had to abstract the core problem,
debate alternative solutions, consider the trade offs and limitations of our design, and defend our
decisions to the course staff before we could start implementation. These designs became very
important later on since we had to build systems that relied on our past checkpoints. The projects I have done have varied from implementing a variation of TCP, designing and implementing a secure messaging protocol on top of TCP, working with networking at the hardware level using a wireless chip, and creating a parser for the entire JavaScript language.

Beyond my coursework, this semester I have been doing research with Professor . My project revolves around an online community for the Pattern-Annotated Teaching Tool(PATT), a curriculum editor application targeted for professors. Our team is responsible for the annotation/threaded commenting system for PATT files. At a high level, the program allows professors to structure and design courses with certain pedagogical patterns in mind. The PATT community will allow novice instructors to upload their course plans and receive interactive feedback and tips from more seasoned professors in the same field. Many of my undergraduate projects were designed to work on a limited scale, due to limited resources and time. In my graduate work, I would like to explore the scalability, reliability, and security issues involved with creating large distributed systems. Reliability and performance are often taken for granted in undergraduate projects, but become crucial in real-world applications. I would like to learn in more depth the most recent advances in the technologies and techniques that play a crucial rolein the design of large real-world systems.
Also, I would like the opportunity to explore how to apply my broad knowledge in computer and
system designs to solve challenging system problems.

After I receive my Masters degree, I plan to pursue a career as a system architect in the software industry, working in the design and development of web-based applications and technologies. My work in research and in the Ruby on Rails course I am taking has shown me the impact and broad range of possibilities for online collaborative applications. Additionally,various summer internships have taught me the importance of thinking abstractly and evaluating alternatives when tackling a new problem. Unlike undergraduate work, projects in industry and graduate work often do not have clearly defined or concrete requirements. There are no right or wrong answers, but there are good or bad answers. I worked as a software engineer at XYZ Corp and as part of my stint there, I came up with a prototype of how tagging could be used to improve search results within system constraints. This prototype was a hit with the product’s customers and is pitched in demos to prospective customers. I believe that graduate school will give me the opportunity to integrate my insights from various fields into a unified approach that will
make me a better computer scientist.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the ausрiсious wrіteup.
    It іn fact was a amusement account it. Look advanсeԁ
    to morе addeԁ agrеeable fгom you!

    By the wаy, how could wе cοmmunicаte?
    My web site :: images

    ReplyDelete